Is your ENGLISH up to BUSINESS?
Speaking English whle thinking in your own culture is the biggest mistake you can make when doing business across cultures.
Soft skills have proven to be as important as your knowhow in communicating across cultures.
Learning to communicate effectively across cultures makes doing business a pleasure for you and your business partners around the world instead of a frustrating experience – whether in writing or face to face.
Our Services: Intercultural and Management Coaching
- The international businessperson across cultures
- Management styles and Management – Employee relations across cultures
- Recruitment & Interviews
- Feedback & Performance Appraisals
- Decision-making across cultures
- Concepts of time, contracts and trust across cultures
- Reading body language
- International Meetings; Negotiations & Presentations
We are only an email away if you have any questions regarding your future.
|Telefon||+49 (0) 8121 476 2437|
|Fax||+49 (0) 8121 476 2438|
Let us show you how!
- Have you ever wondered how you are perceived in other cultures? Your dress, your language, your non-verbal behaviour and your management style, although very polished and accepted in your own culture, it may be perceived as the opposite by your business partners and virtual staff around the world.
- Since each manager is unique, each may require support in different areas of language and intercultural aspects, which is why our customized coaching is so valuable.
- The coaching session are flexible to allow for unexpected changes in the executive’s busy schedule.
- The executive is supported in all of his/her written communication – reports, memos and email – are all edited and proof-read within 24 hours – or less – of being sent. The content is, of course, kept extremely confidential.
The unique methodology of profilingvalues shows dispositions, skills, competencies, interests and potential. It measures “inner values” and the current situation of applicants and internal candidates, thus generating insights into capabilities and a person’s willingness to use them.